A leading exporter, suppliers & stock holder of ASTM A403 254 SMO 45 Degree Elbow, we also stock Inconel, Monel, Hastelloy Pipes & Flanges.
ASTM A403 254 SMO 45 Degree Elbow suppliers and manufacturer in India, buy any quantity & size at factory rate
» Get QUICK QUOTE now (best price guaranteed)
- ASTM/ASME: UNS S31254
- EURONORM: FeMi35Cr20Cu4Mo2
- DIN: 2.4660
Product Name: ASTM A403 254 SMO 45 Degree Elbow
UNS S31254 F44/ 1.4547 / 2378
The function of a ASTM A403 254 SMO 45 Degree Elbow is the same as a 90 degree elbow, but the measurement of dimensions is different to that of the 90 degree elbow. The radius of a 45 degree elbow is the same as the radius of the 90 degree L.R. elbow where ‘R’ equals 1½D. However, the centre to face dimension is not equivalent the radius as in 90 degree L.R. elbows. This is measured from each face to the point of intersection of the centre lines perpendicular to each other. This is due to the smaller degree of bend.
ASTM A403 254 SMO 45 Degree Elbow, also called “45 bends or 45 ells” are typically made as LR (Long Radius) elbows. Available in various sizes (in mm or inches), 45 degree pipe elbow is available with different male to female BSP thread connections. Providing a wide choice of colors, these elbows can be manufactured to meet different specifications, in terms of size and diameter.
They can be made from different materials like 3 ply material, silicone etc and both long and short radius elbows are available in the market.
ASTM A403 254 SMO 45 Degree Elbow Applications
ASTM A403 254 SMO 45 Degree Elbow find frequent applications in:
- Water supply facilities
- Food industrial pipeline networks
- Chemical industrial pipeline networks
- A welded system utilises a minimum of space.
- Electronic industrial pipeline networks
- Air conditioning facility pipeline
- Agriculture and garden production transporting system
- Pipeline network for solar energy facility
|Material||Standards and Grades|
|Stainless steel elbow||ASTM A403 WP Gr. 304, 304H, 309, 310, 316, 316L, 317L, 321, 347, 904L|
|Carbon steel elbow||ASTM A 234 WPB, WPBW, WPHY 42, WPHY 46, WPHY 52, WPH 60, WPHY 65 & WPHY 70|
|Low temperature carbon steel elbow||ASTM A420 WPL3 / A420WPL6|
|Alloy steel elbow||ASTM / ASME A/SA 234 Gr. WP 1, WP 5, WP 9, WP 11, WP 12, WP 22, WP 91|
|Duplex steel elbow||ASTM A 815 UNS NO S 31803, S 32205|
|Nickel alloy elbow||
Specifications of Alloy 254
- Alloy 254 to MLA-MPS-254-BAR
- ASTM A479 Bar UNS S31254
- ASTM A276 Bar UNS S31254
- ASTM A182 Forgings UNS S31254 F44
- ASTM A240 Plate S31254
ASTM A403 254 SMO 45 Degree Elbow delivered with a 3.1 certificate. we can perform the tests required to issue a 3.2 certificate, or a CMTR in accordance with the ASME III Code.
Beyond products as such, we offer some additional services quite worth having.
So, besides the fact that we can arrange freight transportation for you, we can before that:
- specifically mark parts or packages;
- provide for a special packing according to what is required by the shipping method or by you.
We mark the ASTM A403 254 SMO 45 Degree Elbow as needed with the most suitable marking technique.
When packaging and packing, our experienced warehouse staff systematically takes the greatest precautions for your ASTM A403 254 SMO 45 Degree Elbow to be optimally protected during transportation. We pack the ASTM A403 254 SMO 45 Degree Elbow according to the appropriate method: strapped pallet, wooden crate, overseas packing (ISPM15).
Alloys 254 / 254 SMO / 6 Mo is an austenitic stainless steel with a high molybdenum content. Coupled with Nickel and Copper this gives the alloy a good resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion, especially in environments containing halide ions, e.g. chloride, bromide and fluoride solutions.
254 SMO (UNS S31254) may offer a cost effective solution to Nickel and Titanium alloys in these environments.
254 SMO is a high-alloy austenitic stainless steel developed for use in seawater and other aggressive chloride-bearing media. The steel is characterized by the following properties:
- Excellent resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion
- High resistance to general corrosion
- High resistance to stress corrosion cracking
- Higher strength than conventional austenitic stainless steels
- Good weldability
- UNS S31254
- EN number 1.4547
- EN name X1CrNiMoCuN20-18-7
- W.Nr. 1.4529**
- SS 2378*
- AFNOR Z1 CNDU 20.18.06AZ*
* Obsolete. Replaced by EN.
** Nearest equivalent grade.
- Seamless tube and pipe: ASTM A269, A213, A312, NFA 49-217, EN 10216-5
- Welded tube and pipe: ASTM A249, A269 , A312, A358, A409
- Fittings: ASTM A182
- Bar: ASTM A276, A479, EN 10088-3
- Forged products: ASTM A473
Chemical composition (nominal) %
|254 SMO||0.02 max||min: 19.5
|1.00 max||min: 6.0
|0.03 max||0.80 max||1.01 max|
The following figures apply to solution annealed condition seamless tube and pipe.
|Wall thickness||Proof strength||Tensile strength||Elong.||Hardness|
1 MPa = 1 N/mm2
Avoid abrasion against copper/copper alloys or other similar metals which, if present in metallic form, can cause cracks during subsequent welding, hot processing or heat treatment.
The excellent formability of 254 SMO permits cold bending to very tight bending radii. Annealing is not normally necessary after cold bending.
- Excellent resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion due to its high chromium, molybdenum, and nitrogen content
- Has a very low carbon content, which means there is very little risk of carbide precipitation during heating
- Possesses very good resistance in water containing chlorides, therefore, it is suitable for use in seawater as it can be exposed to it for prolonged periods without suffering from crevice corrosion
- High work hardening rate combined with a lack of sulfur makes it very difficult to machine
- Slow speeds, sharp tools, positive feeds, over-powered machine tools, and ample lubrication offer the best results