A leading exporter, suppliers & stock holder of ASTM A403 254 SMO 90 Degree Elbow, we also stock Inconel, Monel, Hastelloy Pipes & Flanges.
ASTM A403 254 SMO 90 Degree Elbow suppliers and manufacturer in India, buy any quantity & size at factory rate
» Get QUICK QUOTE now (best price guaranteed)
- ASTM/ASME: UNS S31254
- EURONORM: FeMi35Cr20Cu4Mo2
- DIN: 2.4660
Product Name: ASTM A403 254 SMO 90 Degree Elbow
UNS S31254 F44/ 1.4547 / 2378
The most common is long radius (L.R.) elbow where the centre to face dimension (A) is always 1 ½ times the nominal pipe size of the elbow.
Short Radius Elbows
In this case the centre dimension(A) is the same as the nominal pipe size of the elbow.
Extra Long Radius Elbows
This is where the centre to face dimension is longer than the standard long radius type. The most common of these is where the centre to face dimension is three nominal size, i.e. 3D.
The function of an elbow is to change direction of flow in a piping system. Elbows are split into three groups, which define the distance over which they change direction, which is expressed as a function of the distance from the centre line of one end to the opposite face. This is known as the centre to face distance and is equivalent to the radius through which is the elbow is bent.
ASTM A403 254 SMO 90 Degree Elbow, also called “90 bends or 90 elbows“, are manufactured as SR (Short Radius) elbows and LR (Long Radius) elbows. SR (Short Radius) elbows have a Center-to-Face dimension of 1.0 X diameter and are typically used in tight areas where clearances are an issue. LR (Long Radius) elbows have a Center-to-Face dimension of 1.5 X diameter and are the more common type and used when space is available and flow is more critical.
Size : 1/2″NB TO 48″NB IN
Schedule: SCH20, SCH30, SCH40, STD, SCH80, XS, SCH60, SCH80, SCH120, SCH140, SCH160, XXS
Type : Seamless / ERW / Welded / Fabricated
Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel and Carbon Steel
Nickel Alloy 90 Deg Elbows
ASTM / ASME SB 336 UNS 2200 ( NICKEL 200 ), UNS 2201 (NICKEL 201 ), UNS 4400 (MONEL 400 ), UNS 8020 ( ALLOY 20 / 20 CB 3, UNS 8825 INCONEL (825), UNS 6600 (INCONEL 600 ), UNS 6601 ( INCONEL 601 ), UNS 6625 (INCONEL 625), UNS 10276 ( HASTELLOY C 276 )
Stainless Steel 90 Deg Elbows
ASTM / ASME SA 403 GR WP “S” / “W” / ” WX” 304 , 304L, 304H, 304N, 304LN, 309, 310H, 316, 316H, 317, 317L, 321, 321H, 347, 347 H.
Duplex Steel 90 Deg Elbows
ASTM / ASME SA 815 UNS NO.S 31803, S 32205, S 32550, S 32750, S 32760.
Carbon Steel 90 Deg Elbows
ASTM / ASME A 234 WPB, WPC
ASTM / ASME A 860 WPHY 42, WPHY 46, WPHY 52, WPH 60, WPHY 65 & WPHY 70.
Alloy Steel 90 Deg Elbows
ASTM / ASME A 234 WP 1, WP 5, WP 9, WP 11, WP 12, WP 22, WP 23, WP 91.
Specifications of Alloy 254
- Alloy 254 to MLA-MPS-254-BAR
- ASTM A479 Bar UNS S31254
- ASTM A276 Bar UNS S31254
- ASTM A182 Forgings UNS S31254 F44
- ASTM A240 Plate S31254
ASTM A403 254 SMO 90 Degree Elbow delivered with a 3.1 certificate. we can perform the tests required to issue a 3.2 certificate, or a CMTR in accordance with the ASME III Code.
Beyond products as such, we offer some additional services quite worth having.
So, besides the fact that we can arrange freight transportation for you, we can before that:
- specifically mark parts or packages;
- provide for a special packing according to what is required by the shipping method or by you.
We mark the ASTM A403 254 SMO 90 Degree Elbow as needed with the most suitable marking technique.
When packaging and packing, our experienced warehouse staff systematically takes the greatest precautions for your ASTM A403 254 SMO 90 Degree Elbow to be optimally protected during transportation. We pack the ASTM A403 254 SMO 90 Degree Elbow according to the appropriate method: strapped pallet, wooden crate, overseas packing (ISPM15).
Alloys 254 / 254 SMO / 6 Mo is an austenitic stainless steel with a high molybdenum content. Coupled with Nickel and Copper this gives the alloy a good resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion, especially in environments containing halide ions, e.g. chloride, bromide and fluoride solutions.
254 SMO (UNS S31254) may offer a cost effective solution to Nickel and Titanium alloys in these environments.
254 SMO is a high-alloy austenitic stainless steel developed for use in seawater and other aggressive chloride-bearing media. The steel is characterized by the following properties:
- Excellent resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion
- High resistance to general corrosion
- High resistance to stress corrosion cracking
- Higher strength than conventional austenitic stainless steels
- Good weldability
- UNS S31254
- EN number 1.4547
- EN name X1CrNiMoCuN20-18-7
- W.Nr. 1.4529**
- SS 2378*
- AFNOR Z1 CNDU 20.18.06AZ*
* Obsolete. Replaced by EN.
** Nearest equivalent grade.
- Seamless tube and pipe: ASTM A269, A213, A312, NFA 49-217, EN 10216-5
- Welded tube and pipe: ASTM A249, A269 , A312, A358, A409
- Fittings: ASTM A182
- Bar: ASTM A276, A479, EN 10088-3
- Forged products: ASTM A473
Chemical composition (nominal) %
|254 SMO||0.02 max||min: 19.5
|1.00 max||min: 6.0
|0.03 max||0.80 max||1.01 max|
The following figures apply to solution annealed condition seamless tube and pipe.
|Wall thickness||Proof strength||Tensile strength||Elong.||Hardness|
1 MPa = 1 N/mm2
Avoid abrasion against copper/copper alloys or other similar metals which, if present in metallic form, can cause cracks during subsequent welding, hot processing or heat treatment.
The excellent formability of 254 SMO permits cold bending to very tight bending radii. Annealing is not normally necessary after cold bending.
- Excellent resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion due to its high chromium, molybdenum, and nitrogen content
- Has a very low carbon content, which means there is very little risk of carbide precipitation during heating
- Possesses very good resistance in water containing chlorides, therefore, it is suitable for use in seawater as it can be exposed to it for prolonged periods without suffering from crevice corrosion
- High work hardening rate combined with a lack of sulfur makes it very difficult to machine
- Slow speeds, sharp tools, positive feeds, over-powered machine tools, and ample lubrication offer the best results